By purchasing a design, you are reserving exclusive rights to use the design as your book cover. However, Forever After Romance Designs will retain the license and/or copyright to the artwork, images, and materials used in producing the cover.
To create my designs, I use stock images with Standard Royalty Free Licenses. Stock images are available to anyone who licenses them, so I cannot guarantee they will not be used on another design.
Some stock photo services reserve the right to revoke a license at any point, just in case they need to remove the content from their archive or run into a dispute with the photographer. If that happens, you'll be forced to stop selling any books with the stock cover and replace them with an alternative image.
Due to Licensing Restrictions, you CANNOT:
- Alter the finished artwork in any manner. The only exception being font placement.
- Use the design for any purpose other than the cover for the book you are purchasing the use of the design for.
- Use beyond the 250,000 allowable prints for a full wrap cover.
- Use the cover design to create items for resale or distribution (postcards, mugs, shirts, etc).
You may use the artwork to create promotional images for your book (example: teaser images, facebook banner, etc) The image may not be used to create items for resale (mugs, shirts, etc.).
ARTWORK LICENSE LIMITS:
Licensed for unlimited eBook Reproductions.
Licensed for up to 250,000 total prints of a full wrap cover ONLY if a print add-on is purchased.
Premade artwork is sold as is and are priced as marked. Each cover is only sold once. All sales on premade art are final.
You will have the option to add typography, Full Wrap Cover and Audiobook Cover if you wish.
Front Artwork will be delivered as a JPEG flattened Image.
Premade front cover art is usually delivered within two business days with the exception of holidays or unless otherwise noted.
CUSTOM DESIGN PROCESS:
The turn-around for custom cover art is generally 3-10 business days from the start of the design. However, in the end, it will depend on working with you on any draft revisions and finalizing the design. The design is created based on your input on the order form. So give as much detail as possible.
You may request up to 2 rounds of revisions to the first draft. After that, I will begin work on the final cover art. There is a fee of $30.00 per hour for additional edits.
The balance is due before delivery of the finished product(s), unless other arrangements have been made. Finished design(s) will be uploaded to a shared Dropbox file for you to download once payment is made in full.
Full wrap covers are created based on the specifications you provide to me, trim size, page count and paper color. The cover is then fitted to either KDP, B&N or IngramSpark templates - based on your preference. They are flattened and delivered as a High Quality Print PDF file. Each print service varies, it is recommended that you request a draft copy of your cover prior to offering it for sale.
- Forever After Romance Designs reserves the right to refuse service and return the full purchase price to the buyer at any time.
- Scheduled Custom Designs may be cancelled by the client. However, the $50 booking deposit is non-refundable if you do not cancel a minimum of two weeks prior to your scheduled start date. This deposit is used to cover the time, material and equipment usage invested in the design up to that point. Forever After Romance Designs also reserves the right to offer the design as a pre-made cover.
- Pre-made cover sales are final, there are no refunds or exchanges.
All finalized designs are stored in a designated shared Dropbox file. Please be sure to download your design(s) immediately. The Dropbox folder will be kept live for a minimum of 6 months upon design sign off. PSD files will be stored by me for 12 months following the final design.
I reserve the right to display the final approved cover designs in my portfolios.
My designs may not be used for or by individuals engaging in pornography, sex trade or illegal activities.
You are responsible for proofing the cover design at the time of delivery. This includes all text (Title, Author Name, tagline, etc). If there is an issue, please inform me immediately so the adjustment can be made.
Credit is required in publications and should read:
Cover Art by Forever After Romance Designs
These terms are subject to change. Last Updated 7/24/22